The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 742: January 10, 2021

#AGDQ2021 Hosting Recap: DMC3, Yoshi's Island, Yakuza 6 (RUGBY BABY)

• Awesome Games Done Quick 2021 Online concluded after raising $2.7 million for the Prevent Cancer Foundation. As a host/donation reader, I was fully immersed in the GDQ spirit throughout the week and gained some insight into the choices made by the event organizers.
  • I discuss why incentives are sometimes set high (and then pushed), which donation comments I chose to read, why some donation comments never got to me, and then I go through both of my shifts to discuss how tone changed and what I was attempting to invoke when I was on the microphone.
  • On Wednesday night, during the push for the Zelda: Wand of Gamelon All Cutscene bonus game, I started with Devil May Cry 3 by Waifu. This had hilarious commentary with fast action, high paced gameplay. Zingers flew freely.
  • Immediately after that, the tone shifted to a more relaxing tone with the impressive Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 100% by Calco. Both the runner and commentator Niakky have English as a Second Language and were nervous about having to perform in English.
  • Then, on Friday, it was all about Yakuza 6: The Song of Life by Froob. The main donation incentive here was a Yakuza cutscene called "Rugby Baby." I had not seen the cutscene ahead of time, which influenced how we (Froob and myself) chose to present it to the audience.
  • Also: I do explain where "SpikeVegeta And Crew" came from, and how it was trying to cover myself and not create a bigger flub.

Download The MP3! - 33MB, 1 hour 10 minutes 45 seconds

167 total views

0 Comments

Add Your Own Comment
Name (required)
Email (required, will not be shown)

Comment

(also required, believe it or not)

Are You Intelligent? 1+2 =