The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 469: February 8, 2015
Nintendo Creators Program, Gaming Institutions Closing
- Nintendo has launched their Creators Program, which allows YouTubers to talk positively about Nintendo games in return for 60% of the ad revenue, and this week it wound up being both unpopular and wildly popular at the same time.
- SEGA is closing their San Francisco office and backing out of the AAA console game space to concentrate on mobile and PC.
- AOL has closed Joystiq and WoW Insider, and while Joystiq is rebranded as a section of Engadget, it'll be nothing like the original.
- Sony Online Entertainment has been sold and is now Daybreak Game Company, and will start making multiplatform games.
- I released my first Oculus Rift enabled game - my #VOGJam game Moon Buggy!
- Then we take calls about the rumored Legend of Zelda Netflix series, the New Nintendo 3DS, and gaming podcasts being shut out in favor of YouTubers.
Download The MP3! - 20MB, 56 minutes 32 seconds
111 total views