The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 443: July 20, 2014
Microsoft Abandonds TV TV, Apps With Purchases No Longer Free
- Since the new Oculus Rifts haven't shipped yet, we talk about the recently successful Atlanta VR Meetup. It went 95% smoothly, and as usual, the 5% gets highlighted - but only so other organizers don't make the same mistakes in the future.
- Here's a blog post by an unnamed listened (whose name I forgot) about the event.
- In the midst of the 18,000 layoffs that Microsoft is doing, they will be shutting down Xbox Entertainment Studios.
- Google announced they will no longer label apps with In-App Purchases as "Free" to conform to a ruling by the European Commission.
- This dovetails into a discussion about when gaming became mainstream enough to assume that everyone knew them and how they worked.
Download The MP3! - 18MB, 50 minutes 50 seconds
167 total views