The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 368: January 6, 2013
Used Game Deterrent Patent, SimCity DRM
- It's a new year, and we start with a eulogy to something of Bobby's that broke on New Years Eve.
- Other companies cried foul when THQ tried to keep their workers employed, and have blocked them from selling to Clearlake Capital Group so they could buy the intellectual property and give them to their already existing studios.
- Sony has patented technology to shut down the used game market - and we've already got a solution to get around it.
- The Senior Vice President of EA Maxis defended the always-on connectivity of the upcoming SimCity to try to justify the DRM. Unfortunately, it removes player choice.
- Then we take calls about Forza Horizon and how to hack the RFID chips in Sony's patent.
Download The MP3! - 20MB, 57 minutes 2 seconds
158 total views