The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 349: August 12, 2012
Steam App Store, EA and Nintendo Falling Out?
- We remember Paul Steed, the outspoken animator that was a powerful force in the gaming industry, who passed away suddenly this week.
- Zynga offered Polytron their services to convert FEZ to mobile devices, which was refused...Could a Zynga clone be far off?
- Double Fine says that they are looking to do more crowdfunding projects rather than the traditional work-for-hire model.
- Valve announced that Creativity and Productivity apps are coming to Steam in September...Is this a preemptive blow to the Windows 8 App Store?
- A rumor on an internet message board (so it must be true!) paints an interesting picture of why EA isn't so big on the Wii-U's online capabilities anymore...And why Ubisoft suddenly is.
- Then we take calls about game developers creating their own PR disasters, about the Wii-U pricing, and about preordering it. The call with OLR devolves into talking about how Atlanta gets credited with the worst everything, even though Bobby loved attending the 1996 Summer Olympics.
Download The MP3! - 20MB, 56 minutes 16 seconds
249 total views