The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 30: February 12, 2006
Week of February 12, 2006
- Big thanks to BazookaJoe, Thunderbird, and Mibluvr13 at the Homestar Runner Wiki for helping to make us the Featured Article for Week 6, 2006.
- Soon you can voice chat with your DS and download demos to your DS.
- It's a part of Nintendo's "Blue Ocean" strategy that will include advertising on daytime television, such as Oprah or Ellen!
- You want to play Halo 2 with a mouse and keyboard? You gotta upgrade to Windows Vista.
- The PS3 might be shown at the 2006 Taipei Game Show, where Sony is devoting 1/4th of their booth to the system.
- Joystiq summarizes a long article by Kikizo with a "hands-on" report of the PS3.
- The first non-MMO game for the Xbox 360 to require a hard drive is Worldwide Soccer Manager 2006 by Sega. Hope you bought a hard drive for your core system!
- Soon, Sony Pictures will start bundling DVD and UMD movies together for a small price hike (about $5) so now you can buy The Terminator for a 4th time and watch it on your PSP OR your TV.
- Ralph Baer will be honored at the White House for being the father of video games. 'Bout time.
- A new game developer union of sorts has been announced - PEER (Professional Electronic Entertainment Recruiters).
- In the independant games front, the Independant Games Festival has received 50% more entries this year than previous years. Also, NPD Funworld will start tracking downloadable game sales.
- If you work for a government office, especially in New York, don't play Solitaire.
- The Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences's yearly DICE awards might be televised next year by a respectable network.
- But this year, check out how many awards were won by God of War and Guitar Hero.
Download The MP3! - 18MB, 50 minutes 59 seconds
84 total views