The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 279: February 13, 2011
You Don't Know Jack Review, No More Hero Games
- Gaming history has been made - Christopher Tin won a GRAMMY for "Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s)" for his song Baba Yetu which originally served as the main menu music from Sid Meier's Civilization IV - this is the first time a song from a video game has ever won a Grammy. Congratulations!!!!
- We take a look at You Don't Know Jack for the Xbox 360. The amazing trivia game from the 90's is back, and we tell you if it lives up to our memories of the original.
- A beta build of Crysis 2 for the PC has leaked onto torrent sites, and you won't believe who is upset at who over it!
- Activision has shut down the Guitar Hero and DJ Hero franchises, as well as several others, and since we love our music games here, we have to talk about it.
- Then we take calls on Guitar Hero, Rock Band 3, and LittleBigPlanet 2.
One of the things NOT discussed in this podcast is about the new rules for sites applying for press badges at E3. That is covered extensively in a blog post on this website - feel free to go over there and check it out if you want my thoughts!
Download The MP3! - 18MB, 52 minutes 3 seconds
203 total views
"Baba Yetu" by Christopher Tin, Grammy Award Winning Video Game Song