The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 180-181: January 11, 2009
Console Attack Ads, Lots Of Goodbyes
In the first episode:
- UGO purchased 1up and 30 former 1up staffers lost their jobs, including one All Games Radio alum, and Electronic Gaming Monthly is no more. Check out RebelFM.
- Bob, creator of Bob's Game, goes insane waiting for Nintendo to approve his SDK request.
- Georgia-based action MMO Global Agenda is starting to accept closed beta applications.
- Sony releases an ad (press release) touting how much of a better deal the top-tier PS3 is than the low-tier Xbox 360.
- Then we take calls about 1up, EGM, and Bob's Game.
- The Gamerscore Blog was shut down by Microsoft. This was recorded before Microsoft announced the massive layoffs, so we still assumed that the team would stay employed.
- Circuit City is liquidating the rest of their stores.
- Age of Conan is closing half of their servers.
- Gametap is getting rid of many games from their free service, enticing people to subscribe.
- Then we take calls about Nintendo not being on Gametap, Community outreach from the console companies, and what games we play when we're trying to relax.
Download The MP3! - 41MB, 1 hour 55 minutes 18 seconds
62 total views