The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 171-172: November 9, 2008
Content Moderation, Kids and M Games, Reviewing Innovation
In the first episode:
- We begin by talking about Global Agenda and Pwning For A Cure...Did you see the photos on Kotaku of the event?
- We look into the issue of content moderation of user-generated levels and songs, and the heavy hand that seems to be occurring in LittleBigPlanet.
- This is also occurring in Guitar Hero: World Tour, and that launches into why the music creator isn't exactly as robust as advertised.
- We answer a voicemail from a minor asking us if we believe minors should play M-Rated games.
- Then we take calls on America's Videogame Expo, M-Rated game players, and content moderation.
In the second episode:
- We wish a happy birthday to all of the current major consoles, which were released several years ago this week.
- We discuss some of the innovations in console interface design and how the consoles are different today than they were on launch day.
- We give our impressions of Animal Crossing: City Folk, but frankly, just stay away.
- A reviewer believes that innovative games (such as Mirror's Edge) should get a pass in reviews for bad gameplay, and be given higher scores just for being innovative...What?
- This leads to several calls about that topic as well as the used games market, the New Xbox Experience, and why Left 4 Dead will be flipping awesome.
Don't let a ninja steal your Wii Speak peripheral.
Download The MP3! - 45MB, 2 hours 7 minutes 12 seconds
72 total views