The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 107: August 5, 2007

Resident Evil Racism, Feds Arrest Mod Chippers

I apologize for the audio quality and other audio issues in the show.  The reason it took most of the week is because the initial recording was bad of the live show.  I cleaned it up as much as I could, but itÂ’s not as good as IÂ’d like it, and itÂ’s also encoded at a funky bitrate compared to my other shows.

• Anyway, first we begin with a correction about our statement on HDTVÂ’s last week.
  • A blogger has declared Resident Evil 5 racist, even though she doesnÂ’t know anything about games (or the fact that the game isnÂ’t made in America) - does the pulling out of the race card on RE5 diminish the true issues that still exist today with regards to racism?
  • U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement raided the homes of people who installed mod chips.
  • Contrary to what Peter Moore said, you will NOT be playing Grand Theft Auto IV this holiday season.  Is the PS3 to blame?
  • GameTap has gotten the entire Codemasters library - including DiRT and Overlord - on their service.
  • Viva Pinata is coming out for the DS...Is this MicrosoftÂ’s way of saying theyÂ’re not entering the handheld market?
  • Then we take some emails on Nintendo and good books to read on video game history.
  • Then we take calls about EGMÂ’s Warhawk review taking price into account, chiptune composition (with an oldschool tracker/demoscene flavor) and Halo 3Â’s new weapons and armor.

Download The MP3! - 25MB, 53 minutes 12 seconds

425 total views

0 Comments

Add Your Own Comment
Name (required)
Email (required, will not be shown)

Comment

(also required, believe it or not)

Are You Intelligent? 2+3 =