The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 107: August 5, 2007
Resident Evil Racism, Feds Arrest Mod Chippers
I apologize for the audio quality and other audio issues in the show. The reason it took most of the week is because the initial recording was bad of the live show. I cleaned it up as much as I could, but its not as good as Id like it, and its also encoded at a funky bitrate compared to my other shows.
- Anyway, first we begin with a correction about our statement on HDTVs last week.
- A blogger has declared Resident Evil 5 racist, even though she doesnt know anything about games (or the fact that the game isnt made in America) - does the pulling out of the race card on RE5 diminish the true issues that still exist today with regards to racism?
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement raided the homes of people who installed mod chips.
- Contrary to what Peter Moore said, you will NOT be playing Grand Theft Auto IV this holiday season. Is the PS3 to blame?
- GameTap has gotten the entire Codemasters library - including DiRT and Overlord - on their service.
- Viva Pinata is coming out for the DS...Is this Microsofts way of saying theyre not entering the handheld market?
- Then we take some emails on Nintendo and good books to read on video game history.
- Then we take calls about EGMs Warhawk review taking price into account, chiptune composition (with an oldschool tracker/demoscene flavor) and Halo 3s new weapons and armor.
Download The MP3! - 25MB, 53 minutes 12 seconds
70 total views