The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 106: July 29, 2007
Disc Size vs. Gameplay, EA Admits To Hardware Fanboyism
- We had an amazing experience with our PS3 - we upgraded our firmware without leaving the couch!
- We also discuss the extremely large Heavenly Sword demo and wonder why developers today have bloated code - includes reminiscing about the Demoscene of old and what they could accomplish on old PCs and Amiga computers with a filesize no larger than a floppy.
- We talk about the Metal Gear Solid 4 gameplay trailer as well as warn people away from Wing Commander Arena.
- CBS Sports aired the first episode of the World Series of Video Games - and it wasnt that bad!
- Electronic Arts is no longer #1 in third party sales - thats Activision - and the CEO believes that they were hardware fanboys and thats why they lost their place.
- If you head to Circuit City (in the US) this week you can take part in a sale on Xbox Live Accessories that are $20 off if you buy two accessories of $20 or more - including points cards!
- The Xbox 360 HD-DVD Players price was reduced and you can also get 5 free movies.
- Then we talk about the acceptance of HDTVs and then about the term "Hardcore Gamer" and why it sucks.
Flash Player 10 is required to listen to the podcast in your browser.
Download The MP3! - 20MB, 55 minutes 44 seconds
37 total views