The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 106: July 29, 2007
Disc Size vs. Gameplay, EA Admits To Hardware Fanboyism
- We had an amazing experience with our PS3 - we upgraded our firmware without leaving the couch!
- We also discuss the extremely large Heavenly Sword demo and wonder why developers today have bloated code - includes reminiscing about the Demoscene of old and what they could accomplish on old PCs and Amiga computers with a filesize no larger than a floppy.
- We talk about the Metal Gear Solid 4 gameplay trailer as well as warn people away from Wing Commander Arena.
- CBS Sports aired the first episode of the World Series of Video Games - and it wasnt that bad!
- Electronic Arts is no longer #1 in third party sales - thats Activision - and the CEO believes that they were hardware fanboys and thats why they lost their place.
- If you head to Circuit City (in the US) this week you can take part in a sale on Xbox Live Accessories that are $20 off if you buy two accessories of $20 or more - including points cards!
- The Xbox 360 HD-DVD Players price was reduced and you can also get 5 free movies.
- Then we talk about the acceptance of HDTVs and then about the term "Hardcore Gamer" and why it sucks.
Download The MP3! - 20MB, 55 minutes 44 seconds
1231 total views