The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 74: December 17, 2006
Week of December 17, 2006
- While other people were excited about what others will do with the XNA Creators Club on the Xbox 360, we were delving in to see what WE could do with it. We talk about how in just a few hours we recreated the exact same card game experience from Windows 3.1 - but in 720p widescreen. The golden age of gaming has arrived!
- We follow up on last week's story about the U.S. Copyright Office's exemption for abandonware, this time courtesy of someone who actually knows what he's talking about.
- Nintendo is offering to replace the wrist straps of the Wii Remotes - will they get blamed in lawsuits now, and are their commercials to blame in the first place?
- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is also getting into the act by overseeing Nintendo's efforts to rectify the situation.
- But even with the console being dangerous, Blue Dragon for the Xbox 360 outsold all Wii titles - including Zelda!
- Sony franchises are leaving the Land of the Cell - Dragon Quest IX is confirmed to be on the DS, and is Metal Gear Solid 4 leaving for the 360?
- Microsoft added a bunch of games (including Psychonauts) to the 360's Backwards Compatability list!
- We touch on the current Youtube-inspired flap over the PS3's lack of filtering on it's backwards compatability. (Hint: It's for real.)
- Then we take some calls about the PS3 and about the SpikeTV's Video Game Awards.
Download The MP3! - 19MB, 54 minutes 21 seconds
81 total views