The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 62: September 24, 2006
Week of September 24, 2006
- Our first housecleaning comes with some corrections about a story from last week, and that some people are apparently upset with our bias over Nintendo, but declined to say WHY.
- We also talk a little bit about the Xbox 360 Vision camera and if it's a good buy, and how you can use some of the features of it without purchasing it.
- Sony had a highly anticipated press conference at the Tokyo Game Show...Was it worth it?
- There are going to be multiple versions of Gran Turismo: HD, all requiring microtransactions.
- It looks like the PS3 can cure cancer.
- The Xbox 360 will be getting a software update to allow for 1080P support, however no HDMI port is coming. Find out what you need for certain functions with the HD-DVD player.
- Microsoft has bit the bullet and will fix Xbox 360's sold in 2005 for free, giving refunds to those who already sent their systems in to get fixed.
- Nintendo isn't making many friends, or rather won't let your friends all play at the same time. Most first party titles are capped at two players. We assume that's why it's called "Wii" and not "Wiiii".
- Oh, and Link is usually left handed, but in Twilight Princess for the Wii, most people used their right hand. So the game on both the Wii and Gamecube is going to be mirrored.
- MTV has acquired Harmonix, the developer of Guitar Hero.
- Meanwhile, Activision, the publisher of Guitar Hero, announced that it's coming to "every signifigant new format."
- It's grown up so fast - GDC is about to get a whole lot bigger!
Download The MP3! - 18MB, 49 minutes 56 seconds
56 total views