The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 37: April 2, 2006
Week of April 2, 2006
- A lot of games have come out in the last few weeks - Tetris DS, Oblivion, Beatmania, and Kingdom Hearts II.
- We start off the show with an email responding to Kropotkin's rant about the media not belonging at GDC.
- Starcraft Forever. Duke Nukem Ghost. Yes, we mess those names up. But they really are just the same.
- Microsoft is planning to relaunch the Xbox 360 in Japan.
- Is Final Fantasy XII being announced at E3?
- Is Halo 3 being announced at E3 for a March, 2007 release?
- Satoru Iwata says he can't see Nintendo charging high prices for first party games - but they may only limit your use of certain downloaded titles!
- A couple of things have gone "byebye": the PSOne, UMD movies, and Wolfpack Studios.
- One thing not going byebye, however, is SOE's license with LucasArts for Star Wars Galaxies.
- A gamer is suing Blizzard because Blizzard shut down his eBay auction for a guide on how to powerlevel and goldfarm (allegedly).
- They're making a new action adventure game based on...BEOWULF? Imagine a cluster...
- Listener emails actually came this week, and the first one asked about the book about the demoscene referenced in episode 22. That book is called FREAX.
- Another listener emailed about independant games and introduced us to The N-Game, which is like Lode Runner but has user created levels. Nice.
- And finally, we talk a little about "controversy" surrounding MLB 2K6.
- Bobby was interviewed on Episode 95 of the Video Games Show - check out the sprawling interview that covered a million topics in 6 minutes!
Download The MP3! - 25MB, 1 hour 11 minutes 44 seconds
80 total views