The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 355: September 30, 2012

XBLIG Prepaid Codes Not Being Issued, Minecraft Not On Windows 8

Download The MP3! - 20MB, 56 minutes 45 seconds

665 total views

1 Comment

UplionSkyfishGames

October 5, 2012 at 06:48 PM

From my official response (repeated to hit recent news):

I am horribly disheartened by what has happened to my fellow developers. While I may be a small fish, I was under the alias Uplion and developed the Skyfish series (four titles), which has gathered a good penny for Microsoft. I was planning better quality titles and I even have a new account but look what we have here. A major part of the indie games service is completely broken, and these LOYAL developers are suffering. Right when they just wanted to do one final indie game uprising, this happens.

I may not have the same quality bar, but I respect the Indie Uprising, and what they've put up with in regards to not only being indie developers in a small market, but giving Microsoft the proper support. This is inexcusable, especially after three weeks. I'm beginning to suspect they just want us to fall away so they can scrap the service. Why should I or any developer put up with completely broken portions of the service, with no updates, and a ruined promotion exclusively for your platform. If I was in IT support/back end, and I let this happen for three weeks, I would be immediately fired.

I will be suspending all game development for any Microsoft platform, and I would ask others to do the same. We need to send a message that if you're going to let a service fall apart, then we don't need you either. I am incredibly furious at Microsoft right now. People only want to develop games for you, so you can make good money as well. It's a good trade. I pay my dues and under duress I develop my games for your Xbox platform exclusively. Don't be afraid to voice your disapproval.

This has gone far enough.

Skyfish creator out.

Add Your Own Comment
Name (required)
Email (required, will not be shown)

Comment

(also required, believe it or not)

Are You Intelligent? 2+5 =