The Bobby Blackwolf Show Episode 160-161: August 17, 2008
Strong Bad Review, Yuri Lowenthal, PAX'08 LIVE
It's another doubleheader filled with controversy, strife, and radio stream issues. (Don't worry, most of the radio stream issues were edited out!)
On the first episode:
- We give our official impressions on Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People Episode One: Homestar Ruiner. Does it work for people who aren't already fans of the Homestar Runner universe?
- Fable II Pub Games came out on the Xbox Live Arcade this week and we just have to ask...Why?!
- We give a correction about our misspeak of who bought who with Vivendi and Activision Blizzard.
- We also correct the notion that LittleBigPlanet was going to be available both on the PSN store and as a retail game - it will be retail only.
- However, Burnout Paradise IS coming to the PSN as a download.
- We play a mashup of an interview with Yuri Lowenthal, voice of the Prince in Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and The Two Thrones, as done by Distributed Failure.
- Then we take calls about a heated debate over piracy - where an admitted pirate calls in to defend why he pirates, and outraged chatters call in to tell him he is wrong.
- We enrage the chatters even more by talking about the 9/11 Invaders! exhibit at Games Convention 2008 in Liepzig, Germany, which was eventually removed by the artist.
- Sony made many announcements at Liepzig, such as a new PSP model, wireless chatpad for the Dualshock 3/SIXAXIS, Singstar compatibility between the PS2 and PS3 versions, and a new camera-enabled application called EyePet.
- There was some confusion about LittleBigPlanet being region locked, but it was just that - confusion.
- Microsoft and Rock The Vote is bringing the election to Xbox Live - you can now register to vote with your 360.
- We play a new song from The OneUps Volume 2, which leads into discussion about our PAX'08 LIVE! coverage next week.
- Then we take calls about PAX and Warhammer: Online ignoring it's European fans with respect to the open beta.
Flash Player 10 is required to listen to the podcast in your browser.
Download The MP3! - 46MB, 2 hours 9 minutes 37 seconds
53 total views